The Contract Law Fundamentals Conference, presented by Akolade, will visit five capital cities in February 2012, addressing issues surrounding negotiating, drafting and enforcing commercial contracts, including project contracts.
Supported by Project Manager Online, the conference is designed to take contract negotiation and drafting back to basics, creating an in-depth discussion forum for legal professionals, in-house counsel and contract and procurement managers to gain valuable insights into what to include when drafting a contract.
For project managers who regularly hire practitioners or consultants on contract, or for those who operate in an alliancing model, this conference is a must as the intensive one-day program will cover:
- Essential pre-requisites to take to the negotiation table
- Analysing and managing exposure to risk
- Mitigating insolvency risk in the current economic climate
- Contract model selection
- Understanding the benefits of appropriate use of indemnities
- Gaining in-depth understanding into the use and calculation of liquidated damages
- Cost effective dispute resolution; and
- Remedies and damages when a contract is breached.
Dates and locations:
- 20 February 2012, Brisbane
- 21 February 2012, Sydney
- 22 February 2012, Melbourne
- 23 February 2012, Adelaide
- 27 February 2012, Perth