Organisers of the 25th International Project Management Association (IPMA) World Congress have extended the deadline for abstracts to Monday 18 April 2011.
A spokesperson for the organisers, Victoria Chapman, thanked the author who had already submitted abstracts for considerations and said the extension came after numerous requests.
“If you are unable to meet this new deadline, please get in touch with the organisers, so that we can note your intention to submit an abstract,” she added.
Papers must be submitted on time to avoid a delay to program announcements.
Hosted by the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM), the IPMA World Congress will be held in Brisbane, Australia, over 9-12 October 2011.
The program chair is AIPM Life Fellow Dr Lynn Crawford who will, with a group of leading project management practitioners, be responsible for the quality of the congress program.
Under the umbrella theme ‘Delivering the Promise’, this year’s IPMA World Congress will accept papers in seven key sub-themes:
- Social and corporate responsibility, incorporating the environment, sustainability, community engagement and ethics.
- Practitioners and the occupation, incorporating competencies, professional development, recognition, reward and empowerment.
- Clients and stakeholders, incorporating benefits realisation, identification and expectations, return on investment, risk reduction, quality delivery.
- Practices and methods, incorporating benchmarking, best practice governance, best practice methodologies, tools and techniques.
- The future, incorporating academic research, general research, trends, possibilities.
- The Australian Experience, incorporating case studies and practical experience.
- The International Experience, incorporating case studies and practical experience.
Go to www.ipma2011.com/abstracts to download an abstract template to submit your paper.