Industry to focus on project management future
RMIT’s School of Property, Construction and Project Management will host an Industry Day in Melbourne next week, focusing on the industry and its future.
RMIT University has included the event, targeted at industry practitioners, as part of its duties as host of the Pacific Rim Real Estate Society’s (PRRES) 19th Annual Conference from 13–16 January 2013.
This year’s Industry Day event, themed ‘2020 Vision: Lessons for the Built Environment’, features keynote speakers Michael McAllum, and The Hon Tom Roper. Each will provide a big picture framework to be expanded upon further by individual session specialist presenters.
Other speakers include:
- David Waldren, National Executive Design Manager, Grocon Group
- Dale Stokes, Director, Spatial Economics
- Bruce Thompson, Chief Information Officer, Department of Sustainability and Environment, Victoria
- Suzanne Findlay, Infrastructure Investments, Australian Super
- Paul O’Connor, Director of Audit Victorian Auditor-General’s Office
- Paul Roe, Director Policy, Infrastructure Australia
The program will focus on topics such as ‘The Obsolescence of Sustainability’, ‘The Other Mining Boom – Data’, ‘Spatial Analysis – Future land supply’ and ‘Infrastructure: The Funding Debate’.
Delegates will be a mix of multi-disciplinary Australian and international academics, property researchers and policy makers.
2020 Vision: Lessons for the Built Environment
Date: 16 January 2013
Time: 8.30am – 12.30pm
RMIT Swanston Academic Building
RMIT Bldg 80, Level 7
445 Swanston St